Thursday, October 22, 2009

FRAGILE X

Fragile X what is it you may ask.

Fragile X syndrome is the most common inherited form
of mental impairment in the world. It affects every race,
every creed, every level of society. It most likely affects
you or someone you know. Those with Fragile X syndrome
need support and care for their entire lives.

As a nurse I didn't know what it was until sometime Summer 2005. At the time one of my "new" friends was just going through the testing to see if her oldest son (2 at the time) had it. It turns out that both her boys do.. aka "the boys". They are now 4 & 6 & so very precious to us! She is now one of my dearest friends.

On Tuesday October 27th, The Fragile X
Research Foundation of Canada will be unveiling:

A new brand and website.
A reinforced commitment.
Raising awareness.
Shouting from the rooftops.

I've been busy trying to come up with how to show my friend & her hubby our support from miles away & another country. Today her package should be mailed off (fingers crossed). I hope she knows how much we'd love to be there. Darn distance. We will be thinking of her on this special day as we do many days.

I will post a picture of what her care package has once on the day of the event!

No comments: