Friday, November 7, 2008

Interview

I started working for a Home Care Agency early in Sept. This week I went for a job interview with a different hospital system in our town as a Case Manager. I feel terrible. The job interview went GREAT & I think I'll be getting an offer, but I feel like I have cheated on my current employer. I know I need to worry about our family but I still feel terrible. The root cause of me looking is that I accepted my current position at a rate of pay that I wasn't really happy with but i got that offer before I was licensed in my state as an RN. Now that I'm an RN I have a lot more doors open. Also when grandma goes back, my current salary will just pay for daycare (3 kids expensive) & not leave much fun money. Who wants to work just to pay for daycare. NOT ME. So this job would be a hospital case manager at the State's largest Children's hospital emergency department. That's exciting. I loved working in the children's hospital back in Canada. Fingers crossed that it will all work out. The one bad thing to a job change would be that once orientation is over I would be working 3 shifts 12 hours on the weekend & one week day. So that won't leave much time for hubby & I but it will mean the girls are only with a daycare/caregiver one day a week. Thus the cost to us will be very LITTLE. So we'll see what happens.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with everything!! You're right... there is no point in working if you're paying it all out in daycare! I sure would quit my job if that was the case!! But you need to do what you feel is right for you and this new job sounds exciting. You can hear it even through the computer :) Best of Luck to all...